This project is read-only.

Story

Coordinator
Aug 1, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Jonasmartin: "I suggest that the story is about a warrior who get a mission from his old grandfather (or another person who lives in his town). In this mission he must search for a treasure (or something like that) on his way he must ask old people about their help and their knowledge. The character must fight against monster and must help village people in different villages to become more information about the right way."

OLH064: "I had a story much like that, except that the hero saw that his country needed a hero."

Anything else? #%*&, I hope so!

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2011 at 5:11 PM

I like it, it seems very zelda-ish.

I think there should be a variety of subplots and character developments with different important NPC's to take up some story space, as most "roguelikes" lack depth, this can be something missing that we can bring to the table.

I.E. you help the princess in a villiage, and then the King likes what you do, so he has a rather long quest that has it's own story branch, etc.

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2011 at 5:55 PM

I think so too, and i most like the last point. This makes the story more varied. Maybe we can make a story for each village and a sub story. The sub story can only be successful, if all the village quest are done.

I hope we are soon starting developing :)

I am sorry about my bad English. I don’t use a translator, maybe it’s better :). I hope my English performed better if I write with you.

I still go to school, and I hope, that the English lessons this year are better than last year.

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Your English is excellent for just learning. You are missing some small details (like plurals) but it is easy to understand. As for the developing, head over to the main discussion and let's hammer out what needs to be done and lets get to work!